NEMATECH H® SP is a biological insecticide containing Heterorhabditis bacteriophora, a naturally occurring beetle-killing (entomopathogenic) nematode used to manage Beetles, Fungus Gnats, White Grubs and Cutworms. The infective juvenile nematodes enter the insect’s body to complete their life-cycle, killing the pest in the process.
NEMATECH H ® SP
Third stage larvae (Juvenile 3); 0.6 – 08 mm in size.
Method of Action
The juvenile nematodes enter the insect’s body while in the soil through natural openings such as spiracles. Once inside the insect body, the nematodes release symbiotic bacteria (ingested from the soil) which are lethal to the insect, killing them within 24 hours. The nematodes moult to the next stage, feed on the dead insect, multiply and move out to find new hosts to infect.
Fig. 1. Typical S. carpocapsae lifecycle.
- Mix the required amount of the water soluble product with water (15 – 20°C) and stir well to form a uniform suspension.
- Apply using drip irrigation or standard high volume spray equipment at a minimum water rate of 1000 litres per Ha.
- Use a maximum pressure of 5 bars and spray nozzles of at least 0.5 mm. All filters must be removed to avoid blockage.
- Applications should be done early morning or late evening on damp soil with temperature of 13-25°C for maximum target reach, ensure continuous mixing during application.
- Irrigate immediately after application in case of soil drench. Use the entire package content.
Apply 0.5-5.0 billion Juveniles of Steinernema feltiae per hectare (200,000-250,000 juveniles per square metre).
Frequency of Application
Depending on the pest pressure NEMATECH H ® SP can be applied between 2-3 times every 5 –14 days apart. When the pest pressure is high apply 3 times 1 week apart. When the pressure is low apply once every 4 weeks.
Frequency of Application
Depending on the pest pressure NEMATECH H ® SP can be applied between 2-3 times every 5 –14 days apart. When the pest pressure is high apply 3 times 1 week apart. When the pressure is low apply once every 2 weeks.
NEMATECH H ® SP is packed in a 1.2 litre container with 250 million infective juveniles in an inert carrier.
Store and transport at 8-12°C, do not freeze. Maximum storage time in original unopened container is 3 months from date of manufacture.
Although NEMATECH H ® SP is compatible with most fungicides and insecticides tank mixing is not recommended. Simultaneous use of Nematicide must be avoided.